It started with my yoga training, in 2017. I was introduced to yoga cleansing practices, also known as kriyas, many of which seemed quite odd and far fetched to me at the time. The first kriya I was introduced to was neti kriyra. I was handed what looked like a mini watering can and told to head to the bathrooms as we were about to do ‘neti kriya’. Which, if you’d like to know, included filling my mini watering can with salty water, pouring it into one nostril and it flowing out of the other. To be fair, I was quite amazed that it didn’t create the same excruciating pain as accidentally inhaling a load of water in a swimming pool. It was quite a pleasant experience, and I have used it countless times to help with headaches cause by blocked sinuses and hay fever since.
Another real beauty that I discovered along the way was TRATAKA kriya. A technique involving focussing the gaze on a fixed point. I find a flickering candle flame mesmerising and so it was only natural that this would be my point of focus. When it is just me and the flame there is nothing else to do, nothing to worry about and no where else to be. I am completely absorbed. The reflection of the flame in the candle wax shimmers as if a mirror is placed beneath. It purifies the sight and the mind. Through stilling the sight we can still the mind. TRATAKA meditation is pure bliss.
- CALM: a wide wick creates a dancing flame to hold your attention, perfect for TRATAKA meditation.
- CLEAN: AGNI candles are made with soy wax.
- IMMERSIVE: our fragrances are carefully selected to create a truly sensory experience. RELAX, REVIVE and ENERGISE.
- UNIQUE: Matt hand throws the vessels to house the candles so no two are the same.
- REUSABLE: we offer refills or you can clean and reuse your ceramic pot as a cup, plant pot, vase, get creative!